Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Semana Santa

Or more commonly known as SPRING BREAK!  Last night I went to Somoto for PCVs Jenny and Sam's goodbye party.  We drank sangria and ate cookies with frosting.  It’s pretty surreal to see people completing their service – something that still seems a lifetime away!

Today was party day thanks to my host mother’s and my birthday this past week.  I went and bought a green pepper, onion, tomato, and 15 eggs (for less than $4) to prepare omelettes.  Unfortunately, the lack of Teflon covered pans and butter in this country quickly turned my omlelettes into scrambled eggs faster than you can say “Ay dios mio!”.  Regardless, I would say they were success.  The family ate them with smiles on their faces the whole time.  Afterwards, we ate cake and played Uno!  Fun had by all!
My host siblings and I

Marito and I showing off our muscles

My extended host family and me

Sitemate Allison and host brother Marito

No comments:

Post a Comment