Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chica Verano

So I spent my first official day of Holy Week Spring Break 2K12 at the chica verano.  Depending on how good your Spanish and critically thinking skills are, you may have pieced together that this was the annual beauty pageant.  It took place at a private pool which was surprising nice.  It had a small pool for children and a large pool for adults.  There were also cabanas and pretty good food.  The pageant was kind of a joke; granted I arrived late but I wasn’t impressed.  The 2 contests modeled dresses, bathing suits and answered 1 question.  No one was really paying any attention; everyone was having more fun pushing each other into the pool.

A former lifeguard's worst nightmare

Tomorrow I go back to my training town to see my old host families and hang out with my Nicaraguan friends.  I’ll be there until Saturday when I return to Esteli to pass some time with other volunteers.  Have a great Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment