Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pedro Pasando Para Peru!


Well readers, my trip began with a slight, minor issue: I was pickpocketed.  Again.  Or so I think.  Long story short, I had my wallet on the bus ride and somehow walking the 100 meters to a restaurant/hotel, it disappeared.  No idea how it could have magically vanished.  Even better, I only noticed AFTER I ordered an expensive $8 cheeseburger.  So with minutes ticking down until my flight, I managed to cancel all 3 of my accounts and convinced the manager of the restaurant to hold my iPod as collateral.

After that slight misstep, everything has gone well.  All of my flights were on time and Taca served me dinner (which was nice because I had ZERO money).  Then I met up with my parents in Lima to get a couple hours of sleep before we catch our flights Cuzco!

Stay tuned for our adventures and family blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment