Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

CUMPLEANOS!


Yup as the Spanish speakers say, I now have 24 years.  I had several teachers at the various schools that I teach at guess my age and I received answers ranging from 22-28…  So not too bad.  Anywho, the super thoughtful and creative novia that I have organized a “Google Hangout”.  Don’t feel bad, I didn’t know what Google Plus was used for either…  In short, at 7:30 I entered a video conference with Michelle, her 2 roommates, 4 of my friends, sister, cousin and cousin in-law!  It was great to see everyone while drinking a classy half bottle of wine I had on hand.  Friday, is host mom’s birthday so Saturday we’re going to celebrate.  I’m going to teach them how to make omelets and they’re going to teach me how to make gallo pinto.  With any luck there will be some music, rum and something that resembles dancing.

Speaking of gallo pinto, I’ve had some pretty…simple meals recently.  Observe:

Dinner...Yum?
Oh!  Completely unrelated, yesterday I gave a presentation to 25 of my fellow professors about the importance of teaching.  We discussed the characteristics of good teachers and how the Peace Corps can help us.  It went well!  Tomorrow is hopefully the first of many meetings of the community bank I’m starting.  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment