Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Homeward Bound


Chance, Shadow and that dumb cat have nothing on me (those of you who don’t get that reference, ask your kids).  So apparently a popular way to show dissatisfaction with the government is to set up roadblocks on important highways.  As my (lack of) luck would have it, a municipality set up a barricade on the Pan American Highway and, therefore, blocking me from traveling directly to Managua.  How much of a hassle is this?  I’m glad you asked!  Well it normally takes about 3 hours via one bus and one taxi to get to the airport which equals less than $4.  Today I had to travel south and cross over to the west coast of the country to finally continue going south.  Also known as FOUR different buses and a taxi totally EIGHT hours and $13!  Only to begin to show how INCREDIBLY uncomfortable this is, this is where I sat for an hour…:

I guess that's why they're called chicken buses
 So EXCITED to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment