Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekending


After my 8:30am class on Fridays, my weekend freedom begins!  Last Friday, I went on a hike in Condega.  There’s this mountain/hill a couple clicks from the city so we decided to check it out.  There wasn’t exactly a trail, per say, but we made it!  Poor qualitycell phone foto:
Looking down at Condega

Then I went straight to Esteli for a fellow PCV’s birthday.  There were about 13 of us in total and we went for Italian food (shrimp scampi!)!  After dinner a couple of us went to the local disco to show off our dance skillz.  There was a live band and they played “Final Countdown”, “Living on a Prayer” and “Eye of the Tiger”.  Needless to say, the 5 of us were the ONLY ones rocking out on the dance floor while the Nicas stared jealously.  The night was then successfully completed with some 3:30am tacos.

Saturday morning we were in need of food to shake off the previous night’s libations.  I had a milkshake with nutella in it and waffles with fresh fruit.  Feeling much better we created a scavenger hunt to occupy the time.  On the list included: a peach, a mango, a foreign beer, a cigar, get something pierced, high five a town drunk, give a stranger a piggyback ride and since we were with health volunteers, give a condom demonstration to a stranger.  My team won, abet on a technicality, but a W is a W in my book.  To celebrate I ate some jalapeno poppers, nachos, and tacos for a lunch/dinner.  After dinner we went to a concert of a famous Nicaraguan folk band.  Here’s a song that he sang about where I live!


Now to unpack, repack and I’m CHICAGOING HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment