Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tico Adventures



Sorry for my long absence; been on a near constant move.  Quick recap:


Tuesday, we went whitewater rafting.  I’ve gone a handful of times but this was definitely the most intense.  Generally rivers have slow points where it’s calm and rafters can go swimming.  Not the Balsa River.  We had to paddle almost non-stop through class III and IV rapids for 2.5 hours.  Besides randomly getting sick halfway, it was a GREAT time.  After rafting we stopped at an organic farm and had a late great lunch which included a shot of moonshine made from sugarcane.

Wednesday, we left La Fortuna.  After what was maybe the longest bus ride I’ve ever been on (5 hours), we arrived safely in San Jose.  Since it was already late, Mateo and I found a sports bar and watched Gold Cup games.  We called it an early night because…

Thursday, WE WENT BUNGEE JUMPING!

Fearless

Jump and pray

AHH!

Adios!
 It was incredible.  The bridge was 265 feet high.  The best way I can describe it:
Stepping up to the ledge and looking down = scariest thing ever.
One second = I CAN FLY
Two seconds = Uh oh…
Three seconds = AHH!
Four seconds = Phew!
Honestly, it wasn’t hard on my head, neck or back at all.  Slamming on the brakes while driving 5mph is more uncomfortable than bungee jumping.  I’ll try to upload a video sometime soon.

Tomorrow, we cross the border into Panama.  Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. Can't stop looking at them :) I think you'd have to push me. I'd never be able to jump!

    ReplyDelete