Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thanks to YOU!


In my last full day as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I wanted to give some personal thank-yous to all of you who helped me through.  Not to be a Debbie Downer, but over the past 26 months, I’ve had some bad, no good, downright terrible days.  So I just wanted to thank those of you who called, texted, video chatted, or mailed me something at any point.  Truly, receiving a care package or a letter was sometimes the highlight of my day (let’s be honest, highlight of the week is probably more like it).  Also, just to know that some of you cared enough to read my blog with any sort of regularity was wonderful.  Hard to believe that over the past 2+ years I wrote 242 posts and there’s been nearly 12,500 page views.  Let’s get started.

Everyone who wrote me a letter: college friends Lexie and Melissa.  Mil gracias amigas mías.  Lo ha sido un placer para recibir noticas sobre que estaban pasando en tus vidas.  Les espero nuestras aventuras próximas!  Abrazos fuertes

Everyone who mailed me a care package: my family out in Florida and it Colorado (especially Vanessa), mom’s friend Laura, my favorite newlyweds Ryan and Angie, lifelong friend and sister-from-another-mother Amy, Andy from highschool, Kevin from SigEp, sister Amanda and Michelle’s parents Dave and Kelly.  THANK YOU!  You cannot possibly imagine the joy I received from your GENEROUS packages.  The credit that I’m not an emaciated pile of sticks and bones is rightfully yours, thanks so much!

People who came to visit me: Jon, Andrew, Kevin and Steve.  HERM FRIJOLES!  I’m so happy that you guys got the time to come and visit.  There were ups and downs but it’s a trip that I know I’ll remember forever.  Thanks for being overly generous and I’ll repay you somehow someday tenfold.

People who did all those things and more: mom, dad and Michelle.  Parents, I always say this was your entire fault anyway.  You should have known that raising me with “morals” and “values” and taking me to see the world since age 12 would come back to bite you.  And I’m sorry for getting sick so much and taking years off your lives.  But seriously, thanks for being so supportive throughout the whole ordeal and love you guys.  And Michelle.  Gracias por todo y todo más.  Nadie creía que pudiéramos aguantar la experiencia y la hemos hecho!  Todas las llamadas, chats, visitas, cartas y paquetes son invaluables y me has acompañado por todo – no pude hacerlo sin ti.  TKM!

In case I forgot anyone, I do apologize.  I’m grateful for all of you and can’t wait to thank you again in person in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment