Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Regional Comp, check!


Tuesday was Madriz’s (where I live) and Nueva Segovia’s (the “state” north of me) regional competitions.  There was 10 teams from 6 different cities and the business plans were mostly foods: yogurt, avocado popsicle etc.  Unfortunately, none of my 4 teams qualified for the national competition.  They were pretty bummed about it but, like a true Cubs fan, there’s always next year!  Except they will be flying solo because I’ll be back in the US of A!  The national competition is the day before thanksgiving.  I’m excited to see who wins!

Today is some sort of religious holiday.  I’ve been invited to participate in the culto (literally: “cult”).  That is what we call the evangelicals aka anyone who isn’t Catholic.  Anywho, they are having a worship service on my patio from 7pm until 1am…  This will be interesting.

Unrelated, now that I have more time on my hands I can put more effort into my cooking!  Last night I made teriyaki noodles with soy meat and veggies and this morning I ate scrambled eggs with Bombay potatoes!  (Thanks mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment