Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Competencia Nacional



Yesterday was the national business plan competition put on by us Peace Corps Volunteers.  Again, my poor students didn’t qualify but I still got to attend and observe.  Twelve teams participated from all corners of Nicaragua.  The winning team ($550 plus business incubation assistance) was a mosquito trap.  It’s hard to describe (and of course I didn’t take a picture) but imagine a funnel where mosquitoes fly in but get stuck and can’t fly out.  It’s made out of recyclable material and uses chemicals to attract the mosquitoes.  Other products were coffee pudding, health syrup for anemia, a more eco friendly brick and a device to turn off the water when the storage barrel fills up at night.  Good competition and great knowing that it was my last one!

Off to rub elbows with diplomats, happy turkeyday everyone!  I’m sending out my xmas card tomorrow, let me know if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment