Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Starting the well


The well project finally seems to be taking shape!  Last week I went and met with the community and they were excited to get started.  Friday they were supposed to use their highly advanced technology to estimate where to start digging – a metal wire.  From what I understand, it acts as a giant dipstick.  They push the wire down into the earth and if it comes up damp, there must be water.  I was as skeptical as you probably are so I offered to come and document the “testing” but fell ill and couldn’t attend.  Hopefully I can swing by Tuesday to see if it was successful.

Wednesday is the national business plan competition.  Check back then for updates how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment