Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving adventures II



My second thanksgiving in Nicaragua was just as pleasant as the first.  The ambassador’s house is nothing short of a temperature-controlled, multi-story mansion with a pool and dozen person staff.  My fellow 20 PCVs and I arrived there a little after 1pm and mingled with diplomats and other workers from other NGOs.  Dinner was promptly served at 3pm and included several turkeys, casseroles and pies with a never-ending flow of wine.  Getting back on the bus to return to the Peace Corps was near impossible due to not wanting to leave lush first-world comforts and I eating too much.

But board the bus I did and the next day I joined 17 other PCVs on a volcanic lagoon in Masaya.  We spent 2 incredible days lounging in inner tubes and sipping rum cocktails.  By the time Sunday rolled around we were ready to boycott the rest of our service and never leave paradise.

The view of La Laguna de Apoyo from our patio

But alas, back to work we go.  Tomorrow I’m meeting with the coffee people to go over the results of the survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment