Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Elections Here and There


Nothing exciting to report about the local mayoral election in my town.  There was an impromptu parade and fireworks so I’m assuming the incumbent Sandinista won.  I did submit my absentee ballot for the US election though!  It was easy, maybe too easy…  They emailed me a PDF ballot and I filled it out, scanned it and emailed it back.  I have no fun plans to watch election results since I’m still not permitted to leave my site.  Crossing my fingers that my neighbors let me use their internet!

Tomorrow will be a busy day!  I’m meeting with the head of the coffee cooperative to discuss marketing tactics.  Then I’m going to try to co-plan with 2 of my professors and teach a class (topic TBD).  And finally I’m meeting with the women’s group to see how their strategic plan is going.  At our last meeting she showed me her work on the vision, mission and objectives of the organization, very impressed!  I’ll write another post if anything eventful happens.  Otherwise, this weekend I’m going to visit a friend’s site in Masaya and then eat brunch and watch the NFL in Managua!

No comments:

Post a Comment