Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, May 13, 2011

NICA!

So Tuesday morning at the ungodly hour of 8:11 I flew to Washington to meet up with the rest of my trainees.  There were 47 of in total.  We spent the day doing ice breakers and getting basic information.  It was nice to be around so many other people who have similar interests (hippies unite!)  Orientation finished at 7 and I had nothing to do till 2am when we had to check out of the hotel.  So naturally, I pulled an all-nighter.  Ryan and Angie were nice enough to drive into the city and take me out dinner.  Then we proceeded to have the best send off possible, drinking and staring at national monuments.  At 1am, I took my last hot shower and began the trek to Nica!

Once we arrived in Nica we bussed to our orientation site in Managua.  Everyone was super tired so not too much to report.  Tomorrow I’m finding out where I’ll be living the next 11 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment