Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, May 16, 2011

More about my host family...

My madre, Luvy, is the homemaker.  She looks after the ninos (which includes me even though she’s only 5 years older than me).  In addition, she prepares all three meals, washes the clothes (by hand in the event we have water), and cleans.  She’s super nice and probably the easiest to understand

Carlos (the elder) is the breadwinner.  He works at a cooperative bank in Granada (a 40 minute moto ride).  He’s nice and jokes with me a lot.

Carlos II is in 5th grade.  He doesn’t talk too much but I can tell he’s a little devil just waiting to see if I’m cool or not.  He doesn’t like studying but told me he wants to be a lawyer.  Bit of a disconnect if you ask me but who am I to judge?

Alondra doesn’t do much except look adorable all the time which she is quite good at.  She is still scared of me but honestly if a tall gangly gringo started living in your casa, how would you feel?

Fun game for you, reader.  Guess Peace Corps or summer camp.  Staying up late and telling scary ghost stories.  If you guessed summer camp, you’d probably be correct.  Strangely enough, Peace Corps is a perfectly acceptable answer too.  They told me two stories: one about a dog that is black when it’s evil and good when it’s white and the other was about a pig that turns into a man (clearly had a bit of trouble understand these…)  If you know any good leyendas from the States that I can share, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be a spoiler for Carlos II, but no, you are not cool.

    ReplyDelete