Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My training site!


Dear reader, you win.  Several years ago, if you would have said, “Pedro, you’re going to be living in a four “room” house (2 bedrooms, kitchen and a living/dining room.  Please note the exclusion of something resembling a bathroom.) with four other people I would have probably laughed.  If you said that I will enjoy the experience overall, I would recommend that you seek professional help.  Welcome to Nandasmo.  I live with Luvy, (28) Carlos, (29) Carlitos (10) and Alondra (3).  Their home is maybe 12 feet by 60 feet and is really just one big room broken down into 4 different sections.  My room takes up almost half the house and is really awesome while the 4 of them sleep in one tiny room on an equally tiny bed.  It’s set away from the community on a dirt road surrounded by shacks on sides.  I can't explain why, but I'm really liking it.  Every bone in my body is screaming "Pete, you hate camping.  You like hot showers.  You don't like pooping in the woods."  Yes this is all true.  But my family is super nice and accommodating.  I'll put up some pictures this week!  Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment