Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

COS, trainings and despedidas



Since I haven’t written in quite a few days, I thought you readers would like a review of what I’ve been up to this past week.

Sunday I traveled to Managua so I could go to a training Monday at 8:30.  Ate Subway and use real internet to watch my favorite show Breaking Bad.

Monday I went to my old training town Nandasmo to observe a class by two trainees that landed in Nica March 9th.  Then we went to another town I lived in for a few days called Pio XII.  There, I co-planed with them about market studies so they can teach the material to their youth groups this week.  After a quick lunch in Masatepe, I did the same thing with a training group in a town called Niquinohomo.  Around 4, I returned to Managua and picked up Quiznos for dinner and watched the blackhawks.  I also took advantage of the internet to video chat my parents and the Nuechterleins out in their fancy new pad in Colorado.

Tuesday I had nothing to do in the morning so I laid by the pool and read The Return of the King in Spanish.  After a delicious double Whopper, I did one final training with the 2 trainees in San Juan de Oriente.  I passed the evening with some other volunteers I haven’t seen in forever and watched a great Seinfeld episode (Jerry dating a Native American and Kramer’s coffee table book about coffee tables).

Wednesday morning I had my final language interview to assess my abilities.  I don’t feel I did well, oh well.  Bought some pizza hut and cocktails for dinner and played a Nicaragua based board game created by a fellow PCV.

Thursday and Friday were similar and included a lot of presentations about feedback and job stuff.  The main takeaway is the earliest that I’m contractually allowed to leave Nica is…

…JULY 11th!  That was earlier than I expected.  I plan to take the extra time to visit the Atlantic coast and hopefully travel south.

Today, 12 of us hung out to celebrate two of our fellow PCVs that are leaving early for grad school.  We enjoyed a happy hour and are going to head out to dinner soon.  Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment