Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pedro’s off season

I’ve received a lot of questions from people saying “If school doesn’t start until the second week in February, what are you doing?”  Valid question.  As much as I’d love to say “drinking rum cocktails and watching Barcelona futbol”, I still have responsibilities.

First I’m writing a formal community analysis report.  I’m trying to measure the entrepreneurial climate in my site.  I’ve written surveys and I’m going to talk with five or so business owners about the town’s economy.  Then I’m going to compile the results and hopefully begin working with a couple of them on accounting, marketing or planning.

My second assignment is for our dear friends back in Congress.  To ensure that I’m not napping in hammocks all day, they want a detailed report of all my work.  So I have to give both qualitative and quantitative data about my teachings and other projects.  Hopefully this will keep them from slashing our budget even more!

Also in two weeks, one of my bosses is coming to visit me.  I have to set up meetings with my 5 teachers, 4 principals and 3 superintendents.  Gonna be a busy day for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pete, glad to hear you had a great new years. Keep up the great work in 2012!

    ReplyDelete