Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Out of site


So I just got back to site.  We had yet another training in Managua.  This one was an idea exchange of best practices – kinda cool and helpful.  After the sessions ended at 6:30pm, a couple of us went to an American style diner.  It was pretty cool; seemed like a Steak ‘n Shake except they served authentic German beers.  Needless to say, AWESOME.

Saturday morning decided there’s no way we could return to site after having so much fun so buddies Zac, Jake and I went to Granada.  Since I’m not comfortable eating at the one restaurant or drinking alcohol in my site, it’s so nice to escape somewhere and indulge.  And consume we did.  Throughout the day I ate a BLTA sandwich (bacon lettuce tomato and avocado), potato salad, garlic bread, pizza, a butterfinger and a western omelet.  SO GOOD.  We ended the night at my first outing to a Nicaraguan karaoke bar with a rousing rendition of Shaggy’s “Wasn’t me”.  Obviously it was a big hit.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment