Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No Reservations Part II

For those of you who missed the last post, I’m sharing my views on the Travel Channel’s “No Reservations” episode on Nicaragua.  Part 2:


  • After more depressing chureca talk, Tony visits the old Cathedral and palace.  I’ve been there!


















Look familiar?  Back to the show...

  • Referring to the restaurant that is no longer open;  No I have never eaten anything that…interesting.  Would I?  Maybe if I had a chaser of antibiotics.
  • Tony’s breakfast spot – don’t know where that is either but I’m gonna keep my eyes peeled.  Leche agriga is good; I’ve eaten it numerous times.  I’ve eaten dozens on nacatomales and they’re also delicious though I’ve never had one with raisins or olives.
  • Esteli!  I’ve been there numerous times because it has the bank that the Peace Corps uses.  The weather is notably cooler here up in the mountains.  The vegetarian comment is so funny because it’s true.  PCVs have this problem all the time.
  • Ay, mondongo.  This dish is actually very common and I could eat it…  If I wanted to.  I only know of one PCV who has braved it and then promptly spent the next two days in bed and the bathroom.
That’s it for this episode. Let me know if you have any questions that I didn’t talk about! Here’s part three for tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDKGduC2DU

1 comment:

  1. Esteli - I've been there! Tonas! I've drank so, so many! Can I come back to Nica yet?

    ReplyDelete