Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A week in the life of…


Now that I’m an official fancy pants volunteer, many readers inquired about my weekly schedule.  So let’s break it down shall we?

Monday: at 8am I go to Profe Delma’s house to co-plan (she lives 4 blocks away).  It takes less than an hour so I have 3 hours before I co-teach with at the highschool here in town.  We teach 2 half classes (periods are 45 minutes and Enprededurismo is takes 2 periods so 1.5 hours/week).  I’m there from 12:15 to 1:45.

Tuesday: by 10:30am I leave for Condega (different school in different school district).  At 11am I co-plan with Maria for 30 minutes and then I co-plan with Ricardo for 30 minutes (I work with two teachers there).  I duck out for a quick bite to eat and then co-teach a full class with Ricardo from 1-2:30.  After that, I come home and co-plan with Profe Elbia at 6pm.

Wednesday: I take the 6:40am bus back to Condega to teach a class with Maria from 7-8:30.  Then I rush home to pass out, eat and get on a bus to La Concha (in my town but 6kms away) at 12:30.  We teach a class from 1-2:30 then I have to hitch hike back home.

Thursday: no co-planing, just teaching.  One full class with Delma (again) from 12:15-1:45 and another half class from 4:20 to 5:05.

Friday: hop on a bus at 7:30am to co-plan.  Then I teach two full classes from 9-12 and it’s the weekend!

So in total I co-plan with 5 teachers at 4 different schools in 3 different school districts totaling 7.5 classes.  Busy is better than bored.


-Maestro Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment