Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stories


I didn’t know what to blog about so here’s some random things that I’ve been meaning to impart to you, my dear followers for some time now.

Did I tell you guys that I played “UNO!” with Nicas?  Ironic, huh?

T-Shirt.  Maybe my favoritest (Bill Gates is telling me that that’s not a word.  I’m going to disagree and leave the red squiggly underline) thing about Nica are the Tshirts.  I run into Nicas ALL the time wearing shirts in English and I wonder to myself, “do they REALLY know what their shirt says?”  Some examples:

Host dad wearing a tshirt in bold face capital letters saying, “UNLEASH MY MONSTER!”  No, sir.  I’d prefer if I didn’t…
Host cousin wearing a shirt that said, “Fake titties taste funny”.  Enough said.
And perhaps the best.  The town drunk stumbling through the street HAMMARDED at noon (kind of impressive, no?) with a shirt saying “I AM THE AFTERPARTY!”  Classic.

And creepy crawlies.  Found my first tarantula in my room.  I lifted up my newspaper (to use it as a mat for the bat dat scat on my floor.  Yes, I wrote it like that on purpose.) and low and behold, there on my nightstand was a 3 inch diameter spider.  I wish I could say I handled it all “manly” like but that would be a lie.  I let out a “WOAH!” and jumped back.  Spidey was clearly much less scared of me than I of him because he just sat there.  So, I reached for my trusty arachnid disposal tool (shoe) and swung for my eight legged intruder.  Long story short, I didn’t kill him.  Maybe I felt bad (I mean he probably eats of creepy crawler right?) or that he was protected by other valuables like my alarm clock for which I couldn’t strike with the required force to dispatch him.  Therefore, he scurried off to a dark corner in my room and we called it a tie.  Till next time…

1 comment:

  1. Pete,

    remember that time i put 500 saltine crackers in your room and it attracted mice. yeah, that was in preparation for this. I was only trying to look out for you.

    ReplyDelete