Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

HOT HOT HOT


So for my not-as-informed followers, it has been winter for some time now in Nica.  Ironically, it does NOT mean that it is cool.  It’s SUPPOSED to mean that it’s the rainy season.  Rumor has it that with the rain comes a cooler climate.  Well that was the case…until now.  Welcome to (insert Spanish word that I can’t spell).  For an undetermined period of time, the rain gods decide to take a slight siesta.  Since I arrived over a week ago, it has not really rained at all.  This is convenient because it’s major bean and corn harvesting season.  Of course, since I’m not an agriculture volunteer (thank my lucky stars), the lack of rain is bothersome to me.  Why?  Because it’s suck-the-life-outta-you hot!  How hot?  My (not so) trusty alarm clock tells me that’s it’s 86 degrees right now.  It’s important to note that I’m writing this at 9:30pm.  This means that the temperature has not dropped below 80 degrees for over a week now.  I’m sure in the next couple days rainy season will begin full force and I’ll start commenting on how I can’t get to my school because the bus can’t ford the river (no joke, sometimes I can’t go to my rural community because there’s no bridge and the bus drives through a river.).

Hope you guys are staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment