Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Competition season


Business plan competition time is almost upon us!  And by “almost upon us”, I of course mean that I’m beginning to plan/organize them.  So the mandatory highschool course that I’m teaching instructs students to create their own business and compete/defend it as a final exam of sorts.  There are three stages: local, regional and national.  As I’m sure my intelligent readers can infer, local means school district.  This is where I come in.  It is my responsibility to not only pick a date, place and time, but coordinate food/snack, judging, fundraising and prizes.  Sound like a lot of work?  Well don’t forget to multiply it by three because I work in three separate school districts which necessitate THREE separate competitions.  I’m currently shooting for all of them in mid-October but we shall see…  Anyone wanna be a judge (yes, speaking Spanish is required…)?

2 comments:

  1. enough with these kinds of posts... more posts about ducks getting their heads ripped off or you getting some horrible disease. por favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend is our fiestas so I'm sure there will be some more "interesting" stories too share.

    ReplyDelete