Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, June 10, 2011

One month Nicaversary!


Yes indeed.  I’ve officially living in this steam-ridden land of lakes and volcanoes for one month!  As a present, HQ is sending us on our VOLUNTEER VISIT!  Why is this so exciting?  A myriad of reason my dear followers.  First, I get to get out of Nandasmo.  Don’t get me wrong, I do love my training site.  But the lack of indoor plumbing / all around nothingness is a little repetitive.  Second, this week was hectic.  I co-planned two lessons, taught a class, observed two classes, gave two presentations, went to the police and bank twice, and attended another 20+ hours language class.  Spending 3 days following around a volunteer sounds like a cakewalk.  Third, and most important, I’m going to LEON!  Well the city is called Telica but it’s only 3km from Leon.  This means I get to hang out in a real city, see an active volcano, and GO TO THE BEACH (crossing my fingers but I obviously have my hopes up)!  Of course I will be doing homework, filling out reporting forms and co-teaching/observing so it’s not a vacation.  I’ll let you know how it goes!

We also had our second youth group meeting.  We finalized our product plan (candles or vases made in recycled glass bottles with aluminum etchings for a label).  I also facilitated a “What’s the difference between cost and price” workshop for the jovenes and gave them assignments to do before our next meeting.

GO DALLAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment