Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Nicaraguan Idol

Now I know what you’re thinking, “Pedro, do the Latinos have their own version of American Idol??”  Answer: no, no they do not.  At least not to my knowledge.  But what my high school did have last week was a singing competition…In English.  As the resident English speaker, I was given a formal invitation (sent to my house, signed, and stamped, the whole 9 yards) to be a judge.  How could I pass that up?  So I judged the 10 groups on tune, tone, presentation, pronunciation, and use of props.  Here are the best performances of the day:

They butched Justin Bieber's "Baby"

Ironically, Nicas love the 80s -- "Dust in the Wind"

"I Want it That Way"





And the winner is:


1 comment: