Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Good weekend


Saturday, I gave my marketing presentation to 6 employees of a microfinance institution.  It went well!  They paid attention, took notes and laughed at my jokes.  In earlier posts, I’ve alluded that Nicaragua is much more relaxed (western custom would perceive it as unprofessional) than the US.  For example I was discussing marketing strategies such as “Suggestions” (this product/service will make you happier, prettier etc) and one participant said beer commercials use this with scantily clad beautiful women.  Then another guy said, “No, after 10 beers all women look like that.”  Oh Nicaragua, you slay me.

Sticking to my “work hard play hard” philosophy, I traveled up to Ocotal to hang out with 15 volunteers for a post 4th of July celebration.  I ate 2 cheese burgers and played games reminiscent of my college days.  Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

House updates!  I now have a propane tank and stove, WOOHOO!  I also paid for a fridge and just need to figure out how to get it up here from Managua.

This week I am finishing and submitting my well grant proposal.  I’ll share the details in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment