Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Nica home!

I’ve finally moved into my Nicaraguan one-man bungalow. Well “moved-in” is a very loose term. At the moment, all I have is a bookshelf and a fan (I’m borrowing a cot to sleep on). And when I say that’s all I have, I’m not kidding. There is no stove, refrigerator, nada. But there is good news! A volunteer will be finishing his service in July so I’m buying stove top, propane tank, pots, pans, kitchen utensils, Crockpot, spices and a couple chairs for around $75. Cross your fingers, I found a lead of someone who may be willing to lend me an armoire and a bed. Unfortunately, I’m still on the search for anything that resembles a table or refrigerator…

My 'bed'room

Kitchen?  Or soon to be kitchen

Not so living room


I think in the next couple of weeks I’ll make a Peace Corps “Cribs” episode to show you what my house looks like all gussied up!

2 comments:

  1. Inside plumbing? Guest room for folks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indoor plumbing and yes guest bedroom...but no bed. Yet!

      Delete