Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cooking for 1 in the 3rd World


Life update: I’m officially out in the big, wide world on my own!  I’m temporarily living in my friend’s house while she’s vacationing in the USA for 2 weeks.  This means that I’m now required to cook for myself (I still refuse to do my laundry – I’m paying a nice lady to do that).  Therefore, I thought you dear followers would be interested in what I purchased and made in my first 24 hours.

Tomato
Potato
Onion
Carrot
Cucumber
Green pepper
6 eggs
Pancake mix
Macaroni and cheese
American cheese
Wheat bread
Ham
Bologna
Peanut butter
Ketchup
Hot sauce
Tortilla chips
2 Tortillas
Hotdogs
Peas
Instant tomato soup
Pringles
Cornflakes
Yogurt
3 small bananas
Ranch dressing
3% Milk

All for the amazing 3rd world price of $31.13!  Anyways for lunch I made a double decker peanut butter and passion fruit jelly sandwich (stole the jelly from the fridge) and some Pringles.  Dinner was sautéed tomatoes, onions and peppers with scrambled eggs and ketchup wrapped up inside the two tortillas.  Breakfast was a simple bananas and cornflakes in yogurt.  Not too shabby, huh?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the fridge of any bachelor... or, single girl, really.

    ReplyDelete