Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Robbed!

So bad news, my streak of poor luck continues. Last week, my house was robbed. My long absence can easily be explained because they stole my laptop. Therefore, all future blog posts are being written on my iPod, then find a wireless signal and finally uploaded here. What a pain, right? Besides the obvious, life has been peachy! I'm house sitting for another volunteer so cooking has been my major adventure recently. Successes in the kitchen include: pan fried burgers, stir fry and a bomb guacamole. Permanent house searching continues. The super nice house that I'd like to live in is unfortunately non-negotiable on price -- $100/month. Therefore, back to square one. Monday, I plan to hang up posters and offer my students a $5 reward to anyone who can find me the best and affordable house. A little shameless but it beats having to sleep in the park. In other news, I've officially reached my halfway point of service -- 13.5 months of the 27! Crazy how time flies by. Oh and my parents have officially bit the bullet and purchased airfare to come visit in the end of August! I'm making sure to save up all my good karma for a wonderful trip with them! Dale pues, -Pedro the Explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment