Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Well Project


So it looks like my well project is beginning to take shape!  I’ve been working with a friend from the mayor’s office to write the 13 page proposal while seeking out price estimates.  Last Friday, I went to meet the people in the community and make sure they exist and are not just going to steal your hard-earned tax dollars.  It was a very humbling experience.  These 13 families live without access to water and only one house has electricity.  They told me they have to walk an hour each way to get clean drinking water.  Sometimes they just walk to the river and drink from there.  Many other organizations have tried to get projects underway but all have failed for a variety of reasons (low demand, poor planning etc.).  But where they were unsuccessful we will overcome!  The people were so excited, hopeful and gracious that it's contagious.  I will hopefully submit the proposal this week and schedule the presentation to the decision panel.

Hopefully the "before" of the future before and after photo!
 Sunday I'm seeing another house for my critically acclaimed "House Hunting" series, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment