Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

How's the well going?

The well project that I’m organizing is moving along.  Here is a new photo that shows how far we’ve come:

Hello down there


Last week I finally got the check from the USA government!  I was a little scared to be walking around with 48,000 Córdobas but encountered zero problems.  The woman at the bank was like “You want to withdraw it all?  Right now?  Are you sure?”  With the money I bought what I hope was the last remaining supply of materials bringing us to a total of 4000 bricks, 22 bags of cement and 6 cubic meters of sand.  The water analysis cost more than I planed but as of now we’ve used less cement and sand so I think we’re still on target.

No comments:

Post a Comment