Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

University / Opportunity fair



It has come to my attention that my students don’t think about the future very much.  In a couple classes I’ve done “my life in 10 years”.  The students close their eyes and I ask them a series of questions: where will you be living, will you go to college, will you be working, will you be married, will you have kids etc.  My students usually struggle to envision even the most basic of details such as which school or what they will study.

Therefore, I with the help of my sitemate, Alba, am organizing a university and opportunity fair.  I’m trying to contact the universities nearby to come and share information about their courses of study, scholarships and prices with my students.  And for the students that can’t afford college, I also plan to invite the police and military to speak about related opportunities.

I’m shooting for June 14th which doesn’t leave much time to organize so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment