Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My groupies


Youth group?

It’s popular among PCVs to start youth groups – a collection of kids to teach informally.  I have sort of begun this as well but by accident.  Whenever I leave my door open, curiosity gets the best of the kiddos and they come and talk to me.  Mainly I show them pictures and they ask me questions such as:

How come you can speak English?
Why can’t your dad and sister speak Spanish?
What is the national anthem?  Sing it (and I did until they got bored. which thankfully, was quick).
What is the airport like in the USA?  (They only thought there was one.)
How many TVs/cars do you own?
Is it tomorrow in the United States?  (They had trouble grasping the concept of time zones…)

Where's Pedro?
On Saturday we're going hiking, I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment