Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Long time no blog

Sorry, my bad. I've been busy? That's just an excuse. Here's what I've been up to:

Carnival: huge outdoor dance party in Ocotal. About 18 volunteers came to celebrate the city's annual party. I managed to fit in some work along with the festivities; we organized the regional business plan competition which will transpire October 24th in Ocotal.

Fantasy football: living in a developing country didn't stop me from participating in my first ever fantasy draft (although  my town did lose electricity for 5 minutes and screwed up one pick). I did manage to grab Drew Brees, Matt Forte and the Bears defense/special teams. The only issue is I have almost no way to watch the games, so feel free to send me your recommendations!

Town fair: this week Palacaguina had their annual celebration as well. I remember blogging about it last year so feel free to go back in time to get the juicy details about the donkey race. Two new things of note. First, today there was a marching band parade. Last year, I lived 2.5 blocks further away so I didn't hear it. That also may be due to the fact that it was at 5:30 IN THE MORNING! And the other thing, bad idea or the worst idea

Letting kids play with fully automatic weapons and RPGs

Parental unit: is coming! Saturday, Tim and Donna land in Managua and I begin my role as tour guide son. The trip will include boat tour in a canyon, swimming under a 50ft waterfall, hiking an active volcano and much much more! Stay tuned for our not quite yet Peabody award winning Family Blog Posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment