Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Working


So the new school year has kicked off and kicked me in the face.  I’m at 5 different highschools, working with 7 different professors teaching 12 different sections of the same course.  To boot, 3 of these teachers I didn’t work with last year so that has been a challenge.  So far we have covered the basic types of businesses, their functions, organizational charts and the importance of creativity.

I’m also continuing my small business advising.  I interviewed the owner of a cyber café, a seamstress and a baker about their management, production, administration and marketing.  Then I had them take a test about their business opinions.  For example “When I don’t know something, I don’t hesitate to admit it” and rank your agreement from 1-5.  This should shed light on the values that Nicaraguan business owners hold dear and how I can assist them

No comments:

Post a Comment