Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anticlimactic Election Results


Well the votes have been counted and…(drumroll)…Daniel Ortega won by a landslide!  I know you’re all shocked so here are the details.  Last time I checked, Danny won about 62% votes with the next closest, Fabio, coming in with 30%.  Of course there are always going to be controversies but life should be returning to normal soon.

There were some rioting but it remained pretty isolated.  Around 10:30pm election day, there was some massive cheering and firework in my town.  I not sure how they knew the results so early but that was the extent of the “bedlam”.  I was almost disappointed.

A couple more weeks of school and then Thanksgiving with Foreign Service Officers!  I’ll let you know the details soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment