Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Missing in Action?


Nope still in Nicaragua fighting the good fight!  It’s just the things that I once found fascinating (pigs on back of bicycles, yet another 90 degree day, etc.) have become mundane.  Which is good I guess because that means that I’m acclimated to the third world way of life.  Stay tuned for when I return to the USA for the first time in 9 months...

Last weekend we had a training celebrating 17 months in country, woohoo!  It was splendid and great to see everyone.

News on a new project: I’ve started advising a women's rights organization!  I met with them last week and learned that they provide services for victims of domestic violence such as consoling and legal help.  I also found out that they have lost all of their funding.  So, we decided to work on a strategic plan that we can distribute to NGOs in hopes of finding some sponsors (do any of you know Latin American women-focused not-for-profits?).  Tomorrow we are hopefully going to answer the following:
Vision: how do we want to see the world?
Mission: what are we going to do to change it?
Objectives: goals that we want to accomplish.
Tasks: the steps that we’ll take
Resources: what do we already have to help us?
Necessities: what do we need to be successful?

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment