Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Start to dig

There has been progress on the well!  Yesterday, Roger (the “master of work” as the Nicas say) and I went to the community to see how construction was going.

The hole-soon-to-be-well
Roger giving me his approval (I think?)
Roger measured and it appears to already been 3 meters deep so only another 2 to go!  I’m hoping they’ll strike water by the New Year and we can do the water test shortly after.  Then, if the water doesn’t have arsenic, we should receive the funds to buy the materials in February!  Roger did scare me when he said our budget will be tight.  Guess we’ll have to wait and see.  But if any of you find yourself with some extra cash in February, let me know!

Tomorrow I'm hosting a holiday party for the PCVs that live nearby.  I'm preparing cheese, salami, crackers, pizza bagels and chocolate cake with, of course, wine and rum.  Feel free to stop on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment