Disclaimer:

This website expresses the views of Peter, who is responsible for its content, and whose views are independent of the United States Peace Corps.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

ONE YEAR NICAVERSARY!


I DID IT!  Despite Nicaragua’s best attempts to get me to leave (illnesses, pickpockets, naggy loved ones), I’m still here.  Put that in your gallo pinto and eat it!  Yes, May 10th 2011, I left everyone and everything I know behind for Washington DC to meet up with this ragtag groups of volunteers.  Over the past year, we’ve had quite the adventure working at “The Toughest Job You’ll Ever Love”.  Here it is by the numbers:
·        365 days ago I was speaking English and eating pepperoni and pickle pizza.
·        $200.70 was my paycheck for the month of April.
·        22 days I’ve been in the United States in the past year
·        20 the number of Business Volunteers I came with to Nicaragua AND we’re all still here!
·        14 months until I come home for good.
·        8 the number of teachers I’ve trained.
·        7 the number of times I’ve “visited the laboratory”.
·        5 the number of highschools I teach in.
·        4 the number of haircuts I’ve gotten.  Yes, I’m a dirty hippy.
·        2 the number of times I’ve been pickpocketed.
·        1 night spent in the hospital
·        0 the number of times I’ve regretted this decision!

Are there any numbers I’m forgetting or you’d like to know??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment